Solutions for Renewable Water Sources in Desert Regions of the World

The main objective of the research paper is to “Evaluate the level of water scarcity in different regions of the world and present solution to reduce or limit water scarcity in desert regions of the world”.

The planet ‘Earth’ is covered with about 71% of saline water that cannot be utilized by humans for readily use. Although oceans and seas contribute much in providing life for the marine creatures that are beneficent for humans and the balance of the planet, the water cannot be utilized in the pure state. About 97% of water present on the water is saline and the remaining 3% is fresh. The most part of the freshwater content about 68.7% remains frozen in the shape of glaciers, and mountainous ice caps and 30.1% are conserved by nature in-ground (Groundwater). The remaining 0.9% is in the form of lakes and rivers and available of humans, animals’, and plants’ use. Thus, there is a little portion of water that is available for human use, and there is a need to develop strategies and methods to conserve water for the future of the human race and for the future of the planet (Reisner, 438-442).

Water scarcity is rising due to the impact of climate change. On the other hand, humans have done fewer efforts in developing technologies and strategies to conserve the water resource with the increase in the population. Renewable water resources are the resources of water that generate water through natural or artificial processes by utilizing the wastewater. Rivers, Lakes and streams are the renewable water resources, where water is maintained by the natural process of rain. Renewable resources can also be considered as freshwater resources (Reisner, 438-442).

Water stress has a deep relation with the size of the population and the resources the region has. The ration depicts a region is facing the water stress if the region’s water sources are unable to provide 1700 cubic meters of water to a single person on an annual basis (Howard, n.p).&nbsp.