The purpose of this project is to give you the opportunity to demonstrate
not only what you may already know or have learned about small business and entrepreneurship from class lectures and text assignments but to provide you the opportunity to interact with a real business and to learn first hand from a business owner.
Identify a small business with which you are familiar. Perhaps you have a small store, a dry cleaners, or an auto repair shop in your neighborhood that you frequent. Maybe you know someone in your family or close circle of friends who has started and currently operates a business. The important thing is that you select a small business owner, other than yourself, who is willing to spend approximately 30 minutes with you to answer in detail the few questions below.
Politely ask the business owner the following questions taking note of his or her responses in order to compile the report called for in Step 3 below. You are encouraged to insert additional questions as you deem appropriate or aer the content of the questions below to suit the specific business owner’s situation or circumstance.
- When / how did you decide to go into business for yourself?
- Why / how did you select the business you are currently in?
- What are your short-term and long-term goals for your business?
- Has owning your own business been enjoyable / profitable?
- Do you have a business plan?
- What have been your most significant challenges in owning your own business?
- What would you recommend to others who are considering starting their own business?
In your written presentation:
[DOCUMENT TITLE] Interview Date: 24 – March-2017
Interview Time: 3:00 pm
Interview Place: Store of interviewee
This is an interview of a person who has started a store in our local area. They…