Hello!! I need help with these questions. Can someone please help me finish answer
Food manufacturers are
expanding the range of nutrients they add to foods as well as the types of foods to which they are added. The increasing presence of fortified and enhanced foods in supermarkets has the potential to affect the nutrient intake and heah of individuals. What role do functional foods play in your diet?
1. Choose a functional food product (one that has one or more added nutrients or dietary constituents) that you typically consume. Name and manufacturer of product you chose:
2. What nutrients or dietary constituents have been added to this product?
3. Are any heah claims on the food label? If so, list the claim. How would you classify the claim? (Heah claim, Structure-Function claim, or Nutrient Content claim?)
4. Would you consider the added nutrients to be nutrients that most people need more of in their diets?
5. Why might you use this particular food product? Would you purchase it for the taste, the added nutrients, the potential heah benefit, or other reasons?
6. Is this particular type of product available without the added nutrients or extra fortification? For example, if you chose orange juice with added calcium, the answer would be yes, this product is available as orange juice without added calcium. Do you know if there is a cost difference between the regular product and the functional food version? Are you willing to pay more for the enhanced product?
7. What role do you think functional foods should play in the food market and in the diet of the population overall?
8. Do you see any potential for misuse or excessive nutrient intake through the use of this or similar products? What if an individual is also taking a dietary supplement that includes the same nutrient?