Social Media Plan
In this assignment, you will need to apply what you have learnt in this module so as to develop the engagement and relationship building strategies as well as content for the social media plan of an organisation. Please note that the plan you will submit here is only a portion of an entire social media campaign.
Here are what you will need to do for the social media campaign:
1. identify an organisation or product that you wish to work on and conduct some background research. You should include the background of the organisation/product and the target audience;
2. come up with 3 engagement and/or relationship building strategies for the organisation/product. Provide at least 1 example for each strategy to substantiate your answer;
3. design an editorial calendar consisting of at least 2 different types of content (e.g. snackable content, incentivized content, curated content, created content, full meal content, commercial
content). Provide at least 1 example for each type of content to substantiate your answer;
4. justify your choices with at least 2 theories;
5. using STEPPS, suggest a piece of content that has the potential to go viral and explain why you feel it would go viral.
The entire assignment is worth 100 points. To pass the assignment, you will need to score at least 70 points.
Review criterialess Is the background and target audience well defined? (10 points) The background of the organisation as well as the target audience should be welldefined and the reason behind the choice of the target audience should be provided. Are the 3 engagement and/or relationship building strategies for the organisation/product presented? Are relevant examples provided? (30 points) Each engagement and/or relationship building strategy should be well explained and justifications should be provided as to why the strategy was chosen. Relevant examples should also be provided that substantiate the concepts.
Is the editorial calendar consisting of 2 different types of content presented? Are relevant examples provided? (20 points) Each type of content should be well explained and justifications should be provided as to why the content was chosen. Relevant examples should also be provided that substantiate the concepts.
Do the 2 theories justify the choices made? (20 points) The theories should be well explained and it should be clear how the theories could be applied to the
engagement and/or relationship building strategies and type of content Is the use of STEPPS to create a piece of viral content well explained? (20 points) The various components of STEPPS should be explained and the link (between at least 3 factors and the piece of content) should be clear as to how they were used to induce virality. Business
Social Media Plan