1. With respect to recessively inherited disorders, why might it be a bad idea to marry your
first cousin (genetically speaking)?
2. Find an inherited disorder whose incidence is influenced by your answer above:
- Briefly explain the disorder and the genetics involved.
- Is there a population in which this disorder is more prevalent, and if so, why?
Genetically modified organisms (GMOs) are organisms in which the genetic material (DNA) has been aered in a manner that does not occur naturally. The technology allows individual genes to be transferred from one organism into another, also between non-related species.
1. Describe two specific examples of a commercially used GMO.
2. What are the benefits of GM foods, in general?
3. What are the main issues of concern for human heah?
4. Where do you stand on the use of GM foods?
Running Head: INHERITED DISORDERS AND GENETICALLY MODIFIED ORGANISMS Inherited Disorders and Genetically Modified Organisms
Date INHERITED DISORDERS AND GENETICALLY MODIFIED ORGANISMS…