1) Why should firms understand the marketing mix?
2) How has the paradigm of the
marketing mix changed in the last 15 years?
3) Has the shifting balance of power to consumers changed the way the marketing mix/program is implemented?
4) Should small businesses focus only on the marketing tactics of the 4p’s?
5) What are the challenges facing development and implementation of a marketing strategy with implementation of the marketing tactics?
6) Should the marketing strategy drive the marketing tactics or should the marketing tactics drive marketing strategy?
7) Does the way companies approach the marketing mix/tactics differ based on the industry it is in (e.g., retail vs. services vs. healthcare vs. government vs. nonprofit)?