Donald E. Petersen, chairman of the board of Ford Motor Company, remarked, If we aren’t customer-driven, our
1. Donald E. Petersen, chairman of the board of Ford Motor Company, remarked, If we aren’t customer-driven, our
cars won’t be either. Explain how this statement reflects the marketing concept.
2. People don’t know what they want—they only want what they know. – How does this statement apply to marketing?
3. Think of all of the products that you use, what one do you think does the best job at marketing itself, why? Provide an example of a marketing campaign ( advertisement, commercial, etc.) that illustrates this.
4. Why is it important for a business to have a marketing plan?
5. Suggest some techniques that can make your school enrollment marketing plan more effective? (What do you think your school needs to do to attract more students?) How would you market these ideas?
6. How are Samsung and Apple using their websites to promote their newest product offerings? Do you see any hints of any future strategies the companies might implement? Where?